Tell me more about Crowdsourced Assignments
Poptent's crowdsourced assignments tap into a talented and diverse community of over 65,000 professional and aspiring filmmakers from around the world. They provide clients with scores of high-quality broadcast-ready videos to choose from in as little as 30-45 days. The assignments also deliver powerful consumer insights and an authenticity that promotes sharing, engagement and brand lift. We've been doing these video productions successfully for many of the world's top brands and ad agencies since our inception in 2007.
By running either an open or invite assignment, you gain access to our extremely talented pool of 65,000+ producers. With the skills of a professional, the knowledge of a consumer, and the passion for working with great brands, our global Poptent community is fully vetted and ready to go to work on your next video project.
- Access to the breadth and depth of our entire community of Poptent producers.
- Authentic and insightful video content in a wide variety of stories and styles.
- A perfect method for gathering consumer brand insight.
- Receive vastly different creative interpretations of a single creative brief.
- Brilliant executions from a smaller, targeted group of our best producers
- Greater client opportunity to interact directly with creators and easily distribute products
- Ability to target producers by skill, location, or previous work
- Faster turnaround
We work fast - Here's a typical timeline:
You will receive dozens of creative executions in as little as 45-60 days allowing you to meet deadlines with broadcast–ready content, quickly test ideas and concepts, and feature actual products before they hit the market. Not fast enough? We've turned around projects in as little as two weeks. Talk to us.
First 5 – 10 days
- Poptent works with the brand to help shape the creative brief in a way that will best speak to the community and attract on-point, quality submissions.
- The brand provides electronic assets to assist in the creation of the videos (logos, pictures, music, styles guides, etc.).
- Poptent creates a custom landing page for the assignment, where creators can read the creative brief, download the assets, and ask questions.
Next 30 – 45 days
- Creators have 30–45 days to complete their videos and upload them to Poptent.
Final 10 days
- The brand selects which videos they wish to purchase for use.
- Poptent provides release forms for talent, music, location, photo, etc.
- Minor edits can be accommodated for an additional fee.
Prepare the Creative Brief
The creative brief is the key to any assignment. This is where you set the task for the creators. The brief itself is much like a standard ad agency brief, but Poptent's team works with you to make sure the style and language communicate effectively to the non-standard creative talent in the community.
Launch the Assignment
Once a brief is finalized and assets are gathered, our designers prepare a custom page inviting creators to join the assignment. This Assignment Page briefly describes the project, awards and timelines, and tries to entice the best participation possible.
After launch, the Poptent team monitors the assignment, checking on participation and answering community questions. Then, the creators' submissions start to flow in. Our team reviews every submission before it is posted on the site.
Clients can review all the submissions easily online, and Poptent provides its overview and evaluations too. Then the client can choose whichever videos it likes for purchase. And they're immediately available for download and use.
Videos can be distributed through Poptent’s network of top flight media partners. We will assemble a media plan based on your individual goals and metrics of success.